Saturday, August 15, 2009

2 Hours 5 Minutes

Yes, everyone can relax . . . I'm still alive. I ran the Provo River half marathon last Saturday and survived and I even finished within my goal time. I was able to run with my friend Amy, who I have been training with for the last 12 weeks. Thanks Amy for pushing me into this whole new world of running. Secretly, I have started to really enjoy it and want to continue to push myself. Amy and I are already trying to decide what our next goal will be.

This is a picture of Amy, Scott (her husband) and me before the race. Yes it is dark . . . it was 5:00am.

Post Race!

Lydia decided she needed to be in each picture and that she had to wear her "running shoes" that day.

3 comments:

JoMamma said...

Way to go Cheryl! I don't know if I could ever run for more than 10 minutes, and you did it for two hours.

Trish said...

Awesome timing! Isn't it the best feeling once you finish?! And I bet Lydia was so proud of you.

Melisa said...

You go girl! It is amazing to run that far but you did it in great time. Congrats!