Monday, June 22, 2009

Wesley's 1st Birthday

Our little Wesley turned one on Saturday. Wow, has the time gone by so fast. He is such a happy little guy. He just recently got two more teeth on top and is starting to test his walking skills. We love him so much and I can't wait to see more of his personality develop.

I decided to do a Thomas the Train party since he loves watching Thomas and already plays with a few Thomas toys we have. Here is a picture of the cake.

When I made the cake I had some extra cake batter, so I decided to make Wesley his very own cake. Nothing fancy just his name and some sprinkles.

As you can tell from the picture, Wesley has a worried look on his face. I'm not sure if he liked all the attention. Once we sang Happy Birthday, I stripped him down to his diaper and put the cake in front of him. He didn't really know what to do at first but eventually when everyone quit looking at him, he started chowing down.

Wesley got lots of fun toys, so thank you to everyone!

6 comments:

Trish said...

He's too cute, Cheryl! Happy Birthday Wesley!

JoMamma said...

He's One! Holly Crap time goes by fast. I love your Thomas Cake. It is so cute. Happy Birthday Wesley.

Coombs Family said...

You are seriously talented with cakes! Happy Birthday to Wesley and thanks for teaching for me. I didn't know you had so much going on!

Ligia said...

Love the cake! Happy Birthday to Wesley!!

Amy said...

Darling little guy! Happy Birthday to Wesley! Your cake is AWESOME! Great job! :)

April said...

Happy 1st birthday Wesley! I love the picture of him eating cake. He looks so happy.