Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lydia's 4th Birthday

Lydia turned 4 on April 5th. Grandma and Grandpa Knudsen were able to come from California to visit and be here for her birthday party that we had a few days before her real birthday. She has been asking for a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party for about 7 months. Luckily I was able to find Strawberry Shortcake party stuff at Zurcher's. That is the best store when it comes to party supplies and the only one that carried Strawberry Shortcake.

I decided I would try making her cake with fondant this year, and got a really great recipe for Marshmallow fondant. Several people said that Marshmallow fondant tastes way better than regular fondant, so I gave it a try. I love whipped cream frosting as well, so I made the cake out of both.

I also make some "strawberry" sugar cookies to go with the theme. I love these sugar cookies, so it gave me a good excuse to make them.

Lydia got lots of fun presents and had a great time with family and friends. Thanks to everyone for coming and for the great presents!!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Happy Birthday, Lydia!! Looks like it will be a fabulous party!And I absolutely love the cake! Great job on that,Cher! Our Garrett's birthday is Saturday and he will be 4 as well. I forget how close in age they are. Take care and we will have to get together next time when we are in Utah. We have so much catching up to do.

Coombs Family said...

Your cakes are amazing! What a lucky girl to have such a great cake for her birthday!

JoMamma said...

She is Four. Happy Birthdya Lydia. She is so beautiful.