Seriously, what is the deal with Rafael and cars? Ha ha, cry, cry. As he was driving to work this morning, he was following a small truck. Well, something came flying out of the back of the truck and smashed into the hood and then into his windshield . . . shattering it. There is glass all over the place inside the car. He is doing fine, but thinks he may have swallowed some glass . . . he went to the E.R. and I'm waiting for an update. Now to the title of this post, are we lucky or unlucky? It seems like we've been pretty unlucky, but I'm deciding that we are lucky. I have heard of so many horrible stories when people are hit by flying debris on the freeway, and the outcome is not good. I will have to say that Rafael came out of this pretty lucky. Of course now we have to fork over money to get the car fixed because the person that owned the truck pulled over, saw what happened and took off. What you say, took off? Yeah, what a loser. So, maybe we are a little unlucky.
But wait, let's look at things again. I'm pretty lucky because I have these two little kids that remind me everyday of just that . . . how lucky I am to have a great family.

7 comments:
That really sucks! Totally unlucky to have random objects flying at your head, but even more lucky to survive it. We are glad is all is okay!
I can't believe it!! And the jerk took off?!! Sheesh! Glad to hear Raf is doing okay, minus the whole swallowing glass thing:o(
That sucks!!! I am glad he is ok!!! I can't believe the truck just took off. Some people are realy jerks!!!
I am glad that Rafael is alright.
However, I am so pissed that the person drove off. That is so crappy! They should take responsibility for your actions. How could you leave knowing that you could have really hurt someone? I am pretty sure that Karma will come back and bite them, and they will be held accountable on their judgment day. I guess that is the only satisfaction I have. Again I'm glad that you are alright. Maybe your family should take a break from cars.
Oh my word! I hope Rafael is O.K. I am glad you posted your blog address. I kept meaning to ask you for it. Ours is kristenandjeremys.blogspot.com
It is fun to have more blogging buddies!
Wow! By the looks of the windshield...he is definately lucky...especially that he didn't wreck into somebody else!!! Angels are watching over you!!!
That is terrible! I can't believe the person just drove away. That would make me so incredibly mad. I would definitely say that you are lucky though because Raf wasn't seriously injured...it could have been really bad. We're glad that he is okay.
Post a Comment