Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here Comes Kindergarten

Lydia graduated from preschool last month and so we started the process of getting her ready for Kindergarten. She learned so much in preschool and loved her teacher and class. They had a cute little graduation program where they sang songs and repeated some poems they learned.
Getting her graduation certificate.

She is so excited to start Kindergarten, but we all know there is that Doctor's appointment our kids have to go to. Lydia has been especially nervous about going to the Doctor's because she is afraid she might have to get a shot. This all comes from when she was in the car accident 1 1/2 years ago. She absolutely hated the IV she had and remembers that most of all.

I scheduled her appointment and let her know that we needed to go to the Dr. for her checkup and that she would need some shots to be able to start Kindergarten. I didn't want to surprise her and have her freak out. She is so excited for Kindergarten that she said she would be brave. We went in for her appointment last week, and I thought for sure when they gave her the shots she would cry. NOPE! She had to have 4 shots, and she didn't shed a tear. She turned to me after and said, "I was brave!" My little cutey!

She just found out who her teacher is and she can't wait to start in August! It will be weird to have her gone everyday, but oh how much I can accomplish with one at school and one taking a nap!!!!!

1 comments:

JoMamma said...

So cute that she was so brave. I can't believe that she will be in Kindergarten. Time goes by so quickly